Tide Over
I'm sorry I haven't updated this in a while- this is in relation to a slight fillip in the system, which I am confident I can work around, when I actually try. For now, though, Happy New Year, and here is a delicious recipe that I have already sent off to my relatives, in celebration of the holidays!
Salat Olivie
Equal parts: carrots
hard-boiled eggs
ham or kielbasa (I have also, I think, had this with fake crab; use at your discretion)
pickles
peas
corn
To taste: mayonnaise
salt
pepper
shredded cheese
Boil and cool potatoes, carrots, and eggs. Cube potatoes, eggs, meat, pickles and carrots. Mix with peas and corn. Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and cheese. Chill before serving.
This is a traditional winter holidays dish; I have had it prepared in a number of different ways, so feel free to experiment. I would, however, advise that if you make it with fake crab, that you ditch the pickles.
Also, to keep you informed, I have now been sworn in as a Peace Corps Volunteer, and am now at my permament site, waiting for winter holidays to end. I also advise you to, if possible, see the Russian movie "The Irony of Fate;" it is swiftly becoming one of my favorites ('Ironiya Sud'byi', or 'S Lyogkim Parom').
Salat Olivie
Equal parts: carrots
hard-boiled eggs
ham or kielbasa (I have also, I think, had this with fake crab; use at your discretion)
pickles
peas
corn
To taste: mayonnaise
salt
pepper
shredded cheese
Boil and cool potatoes, carrots, and eggs. Cube potatoes, eggs, meat, pickles and carrots. Mix with peas and corn. Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and cheese. Chill before serving.
This is a traditional winter holidays dish; I have had it prepared in a number of different ways, so feel free to experiment. I would, however, advise that if you make it with fake crab, that you ditch the pickles.
Also, to keep you informed, I have now been sworn in as a Peace Corps Volunteer, and am now at my permament site, waiting for winter holidays to end. I also advise you to, if possible, see the Russian movie "The Irony of Fate;" it is swiftly becoming one of my favorites ('Ironiya Sud'byi', or 'S Lyogkim Parom').

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home